Leave a Legacy - Leave a Bequest
Diet-related disease is the leading cause of preventable deaths in Australia. Diet-related diseases include respiratory and cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, dental diseases and some forms of cancer. It affects all Australians, however those in lower socio-economic, regional or indigenous communities are more vulnerable.
You can help. Diet-related disease is entirely preventable. By including a bequest to The Good Foundation in your will, you can change the lives of those most at risk. Together we can build healthier, happier Australian communities.
For a confidential conversation, call 03 9282 9100 or email email@example.com.
How to Include a Bequest in your Will
It doesn't take much to leave behind a legacy. It can be as simple as updating your will.
There are a number of ways to support our work through your will. You can:
- Include a percentage of the remainder of your estate (the residue). After you have provided for your friends and family, nominating a small percentage, such as 5% or 10%, will make a huge difference.
- Nominate a percentage of your estate that you would like The Good Foundation to receive from 1 -- 100%.
- Leave a specific amount of money, real estate or shares to The Good Foundation (a pecuniary bequest).
- Take a copy of our recommended will wording with you to your solicitor.
Already Have a Will?
If you already have a will and would like to include a bequest to The Good Foundation you can make a "codicil". Simply take our will wording to your solicitor and they will update it for you.
Wording for your Will
If you would like to include a bequest to The Good Foundation in your will. Please take the below wording with you when you next visit your solicitor.
"I give, free of all duties and taxes *____ to The Good Foundation (ABN 27 250 451 282) of 169 Park Rd, South Melbourne, 3205 for its general purposes. An authorised receipt from The Good Foundation will be a sufficient discharge for the executor(s) or trustee."
The whole (or ...%) of the residue of my estate.
The whole (or ... %) of my estate.
The sum of $ (amount).
(Details of a particular asset -- such as shares or property).
Information for Solicitors and Executors
Solicitors making a will
Thank you for helping someone to make a will that includes a bequest to The Good Foundation. You can find our suggested clause wording here. To make sure that your client's gift reaches us, it is important to:
Use our correct registered name: The Good Foundation; and include our ABN: 27 250 451 282.
Executors administering a will
Thank you for making sure that someone's bequest to The Good Foundation is properly administered. We'd be grateful if you could please send the following information to us:
- A covering note that includes your contact details, as well as the full name and last known address of the deceased person;
- A copy of the final will and any codicils; and
- A statement of estate accounts.
When distributing the estate, please post a cheque made payable to:
The Good Foundation
169 Park Street
South Melbourne, 3205