Work With Us
Our Jamie's Ministry of Food Centres and Mobile Kitchens are operated by a team of qualified Food Trainers. We look for staff with a range of experience to deliver our program and our teams include qualified chefs, nutritionists and home economics teachers.
Current Vacancies in Ipswich
Food Trainer - Jamie's Ministry of Food Ipswich
* Are you interested in transforming Australia's eating habits and being part of a food revolution?
* Are you looking for a job that inspires and motivates people to change their lives?
* Do you have a passion for good food and home cooking?
The Company: The Good Foundation is a health promotion charity that aims to educate, empower and inspire people to love and enjoy good food, through learning how to cook. The Foundation's primary purpose is to deliver Jamie Oliver's Ministry of Food, an engaging, communityfocused program that teaches basic cooking skills and good nutrition to non-cooks through practical hands-on experience. The program is delivered through a series of permanent and mobile cooking schools around the country.
The Role: We are currently seeking a passionate and enthusiastic casual Food Trainer to support Jamie's Ministry of Food Ipswich.
About You: As a Food Trainer you will teach cooking classes to a wide range of people; promoting the benefits of home cooking and good nutrition. Working with the Centre Manager you will be required to assist in the day to day running and operations of the Centre through the monitoring and supply of ingredients, assist the team to ensuring program meets the Key Performance Indicators, oversight of volunteers, database management, conducting routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure the smooth delivery of the program.
The successful applicant will have:
* A passion for creating simple home cooked meals
* Experience in facilitating hands on cooking classes
* Proven experience in food preparation and a knowledge of food safety
* Ability to engage and inspire people from a diverse range of backgrounds
* Flexibility and the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
* Understanding of working with limited resources in a not for profit environment
You will bring passion and commitment to the role, with strong organisational and interpersonal skills. You will thrive in a fun and interactive team environment. A flexible approach to working hours is essential, as weekend and evening work will be required.
The successful applicant will be required to join the team ASAP
To apply please email a current resume and cover letter or for a copy of the current position description email: email@example.com
Applications close Friday 25th October and short listing will begin soon after.
Current Vacancies - National
Jamie Oliver's Learn Your Fruit and Veg Program Facilitator
We are constantly looking for passionate and enthusaistic contractors (Facilitators), to help us deliver our program Jamie Oliver's Learn Your Fruit Program nationally.
LYFV Facilitators will prep, facilitate and clean down, cooking incursions directing groups of students within local schools and childcare centres inspiring kids to love fruit and veg while upholding Jamie Oliver's brand ethos.
Work is based on an as needed basis with no minimum classes guaranteed each week.
Now is your chance to be a part of the LYFV team!
Facilitators will be paid a $120 flat fee per incursion delivered.
Future bookings are coordinated via our interactive booking portal.
- Can you help Aussie kids LOVE their fruit and veg
- Are you looking for a job that inspires and motivates children?
- Do you want to help transform Australia's food habits?
You will bring passion and commitment to the role, with strong organisational and interpersonal skills and an ability to work independently.
While not looking for Jamie clones we are looking for people to display his passion for and love of food as we believe this is the best way to impart our program. The role involves an element of performance so you cannot be afraid of talking and interacting with large groups of children.
The successful applicant will have:
- Ability to engage and inspire Aussie kids
- A sense of fun and excitement
- A passion for cooking and health promotion within Australia
Plus, (or be willing to obtain):
- A valid Working with Children Check or state equivalent
- A valid Food Handling/Safety Certificate
- A valid First-Aid Certificate
- An ABN
- Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Facilitator kit & equipment [Initial start-up investment approx. value $900]
To apply for this role, please click HERE.
You will then be asked to upload your resume and should you be successful you will be advanced to the online accreditation training.
For more information please contact LYFV@thegoodfoundation.com.au