Volunteer With Us
Jamie's Ministry of Food centres and mobile kitchens provide community-based, hands-on cooking classes and rely heavily on the generosity of volunteers to support the roll out of programs nationwide. A volunteer for Jamie's Ministry of Food is an individual who, in the spirit of generosity and for personal or charitable reasons, freely and without expectation contributes their time to assist the program.
Jamie's Ministry of Food recognise that volunteers are a substantial and integral part of community integration and the commitment and contribution of volunteers is highly valued.
What to expect
Volunteers are involved in a range of tasks assisting food trainers in the smooth roll out of classes. This may include handling and preparing ingredients, welcoming participants into the centre for classes, supporting participants during classes, cleaning and tidying up after classes, putting stock away and restocking shelves with produce, and maintaining cleanliness, order and hygiene in the centre. Our volunteers are great role models for students and also contribute their wonderful community contacts so we can reach more people in need.
What you gain by volunteering with us
- Basic health and safety training
- A delicious meal after each class
- A fun, friendly and welcoming environment
- Contributing something worthwhile and improving the health and happiness of your community
What we look for in our volunteers
As a Jamie's Ministry of Food volunteer, you'll be
- encouraging and cheerful
- assisting the food trainer before, during and after classes
- engaging directly with your local community
- practicing kitchen safety and encourage participants to make the most out of each class
- able to commit to the same class each week to assist in building rapport with participants
Ready to volunteer? Complete the form below.
By submitting this form you are joining our mailing list so that we can keep you up to date on all our courses, workshops & locations.